Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Digging into sharing what I am making

While at the CIA, I have to be honest, I got a "D" in Restaurant Desserts. Personally, I am of the opinion, if it looks beautiful, but tastes blah, what's the point of making something pretty? And on the other hand, if it looks blah, but tastes amazing, who really cares, because it will be in your belly. And in this day n age, reviews of desserts and meals are normally accompanied with a picture. 

Sure I see people taking lovely pictures of what they make, but that will be not what you see here.

Sometimes I make something delicious and I gobble it down, while on the other side of, I sometimes end up with something edible. I am thinking of my first attempt at using an Insta-Pot. I made porridge that was edible. It was supposed to be creamy chicken and rice soup, so no pictures exist of this attempt. 

So onward. Sharing pictures of foods I've made. While not all fancy, or pretty, my partner, Charley is my biggest fan. I cook for 2. Forget the recipe for a pot roast for 6-8. I never made one before I met him, but one year I asked his mom for some recipes she would make for him, and this became my gift. NO pictures of Pot Roast. And another deal is I make him whatever cake he wants as a present for his birthday. Here I am sampling the German Chocolate Cake filling. 

I am a cook and a baker, so my recipes will be both ways to finding us with a full belly. 
Fresh pasta and brownies, sure. Repairing a leaky shower faucet, nope. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home