Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Recipe Box Mystery

This is what I realize--I'm noting what I am eating on my calendar lately. Which really means I need to get a project going involving food. So today I will start to share a bit of a odd treasure I found at an
Estate sale in 2019, here in Chicago.




I have not had time since starting a job as a Recruiter in April 2019, it's only recently, thanks to the pandemic, I was laid off just shy of my 1 year anniversary that I got to dive into what I paid $3 for. Please know, I got a second recipe box too, but I haven't gotten into this, yet.



First I sorted out the handwritten or typed recipes by ingredients. I left the clipped recipes grouped together, as I figured, I use recipes from magazines too.  What encouraged me to press on, was a clipping for Mock Apple Pie. I went to the internet and shared this and some pictures of what I sorted out. Several Taco Dips & Salads, plus Traditional Salads including Ambrosia, Delicious and a Summer Salad. I got news right away that this Mock Apple Pie was from the depression. .



Back to sorting the rest in this box..I narrowed it down to Cakes, Cheesecakes, Chocolate-including a hand types $100.00 Chocolate Cake, Cookies & Bars, Jell-O Molds, Sides and Stuffing, Dinner.

I left the magazine, newspaper and boxed clippings in its own file.  I am not sure how much I need to dive into Duncan Hines, Eagle brand, Perfect Pinch, Nordic Ware, Pillsbury, Jell-O, Hormel Chili, and Nestle too. But then this all started with a curious clipping of Mock Apple Pie--No apples needed.


Turns out its owner is hard to figure out, as maybe it's Cookie Bartoszewski or Ann Krueger but these pieces of mail had the address of where this estate sale was at..so the mystery continues!

I will share pics later, but for now, I need to start some Focaccia bread. I am committing to this as I will need to make bread at some point because I have yeast. And I decided on making homemade pasta too! What can I say, I love to make things when sorting through recipes. @bobsredmill for the bench scraper which so important to have when making bread or pasta!


 


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home